For nearly 20 years as Pastor of Life and 35 years of ministry, Mary and I have built our life and preaching on four basic principles. These are based in the Word of God and are the foundations of our faith and belief. As we close our chapter here at Life, we remind you of them and encourage you to never let anyone move you away from them.
There is One God.
Deuteronomy 6:4 – Hear, O Israel! The Lord is our God, the Lord is one [the only God]!
- God has many dimensions, but He is one.
- God is multifaceted and multidimensional, but one.
The Word of God is Above All.
Luke 21:33 – Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will not pass away.
- Make God’s Word priority above all and let it lead you through life.
- Do not be swayed by books, men’s concepts, or religion. Stay in God’s Word
- Read the Bible with prayer.
These two ideas are summed in John 1:1 where John says, In the beginning was the Word, tyand the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Prayer must be a Life Priority.
Matthew 21:13 – It is written [in Scripture], ‘My house shall be called a house of prayer.
- Pray first in every situation knowing prayer can change any situation.
- Prayer will guide, protect, and keep you when confusion comes.
Water & Spirit Baptism is Essential.
John 3:5 – Jesus answered, “I assure you and most solemnly say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot [ever] enter the kingdom of God.
- These are the words of Jesus, put them above every man and religion.
- Believing, faith, and obedience is critical, but never leave this foundational statement of Jesus.
- Acts time frame is from 30 to 70 and every epistle, which were written to churches and saints, were written between 30 to 70. We find clarity and growth in the epistles. There is one message and experience in Acts. Baptism in the name of Jesus and baptism in the Spirit with a language unknown.
As this chapter of our life closes, Mary and I want to thank everyone who has ever been a part of Life and allowed us to be your pastor. It has been an amazing journey and incredibly fulfilling to see so many lives impacted by the gospel. I will continue this weekly blog online and we look forward to what God has in the future for Mary and I. May God’s blessings and favor rest on each of you. Reach one more for Jesus!